Isle of Man College Profile
The Isle of Man College has a long and illustrious tradition of serving the further education and training needs of the Islands' community. Its formal origins were in 1880, with the opening of the Douglas School of Art, where Archibald Knox was one of the first pupils.
The early twentieth century then saw evening classes provided by the Island's Education Boards for people wanting to extended their learning beyond primary school; the subjects offered included Science, Commerce, Technical Instruction and Literature. Education and training opportunities widened under various organisational arrangements to include Domestic Science, Institutional Management and Catering in the 1920s, which was then enhanced to day-time provisions in the 1930s.
Following the 1944 Education Act, all further education training was combined under the School of Technology, Arts and Crafts in 1947, which then became the College of Further Education in 1960. The early 1970's saw the College of Further Education move premises from the Lord/Barrack Street site, to where the College sits today on Homefield Road.
The current title of the Isle of Man College was adopted in 1991 in recognition of its wider involvement in general and higher education and its crucial role in underpinning the Manx economy and quality of life.
Isle of Man College Address
The Isle of Man College, Homefield Road, Douglas, Isle of Man
Isle of Man College Programs
- Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology & Body Massage
- Art, Design & Media
- B Eng (Hons) Aerospace Manufacturing Engineering
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- BA (Hons) History and Heritage Management with Manx Studies
- BA History and Heritage Management with Manx Studies
- BA Hons Fine Art
- Ballroom Dancing
- Beauty Therapy
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science part-time
- BSc (Hons) Public Health
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Art & Design
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Art & Design (Multimedia Pathway)
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality
- BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art & Design
- BTEC Level 5 HND in Art and Design
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Child Care & Education
- Cake Decorating
- Certificate in Education (CertEd) in Teaching in the Learning and Skills Sector
- Computer Basics
- Computer Studies
- Construction Short Courses